With a rise in Islamophobia, the Graphicacy team’s goal was to design and engineer a new website for The Bridge Initiative to more effectively communicate to, educate and engage the general public about this important topic.
The Bridge Initiative is a multi-year research project on Islamophobia housed in Georgetown University. The Bridge Initiative aims to disseminate original and accessible research, offers engaging analysis and commentary on contemporary issues, and hosts a wide repository of educational resources to inform the general public about Islamophobia.
The Bridge team came to Graphicacy to help them pull together, and migrate content from, (3) different websites they were managing –and– design and develop a new unified web platform with a robust search capability and additional content/features.
The overarching project objectives were to:
- Improve the site’s information architecture
- Update the site design to meet strict accessibility requirements
- Create a site design resistant to cursory web trends
- Develop an easy-to-use content management system
- Inform and educate a diverse audience on Islamophobia