Join our team
Graphicacy is looking to expand its talented team. We’re self-starters who value collaborative
and creative problem-solving skills, with the ambition to grow rapidly in responsibility.
We seek people with a range of skills, including front-end development, UX/UI, graphic design, motion graphic video, data analysis, business development, and more. If you don’t see a position that fits but are interested in working with us full time, as a freelancer, or as an intern, send your resume to jobs [at] graphicacy [dot] com and we’ll look for opportunities to work together.
Visual Design Intern
Graphicacy is looking for design interns to help create data-rich/interactive visual experiences via online information graphics, tools, microsites, dashboards, and motion graphic videos.
Exceptional candidates will have the potential to become full time members of our growing team. We are seeking individuals who are interested in, qualified for, and excited by this possibility.
– Experience with and/or training in UX/UI design principles and visual (graphic) design
– A working facility with the Adobe Creative Suite
– Knowledge of and/or a desire to learn wireframing and presentation tools like Sketch and InVision
– An interest in building beautiful and useful interactive data visualizations
– An active and wide-ranging curiosity and desire to learn new things paired with the ability to work collaboratively, respond effectively to feedback, and keep to deadlines
– Experience with user research and testing, prototyping
– Experience with social media and/or marketing
– Experience with analytics
– Some facility with and/or understanding of visualization libraries like D3
– Any background in working with data
– Motion graphic video animation and/or editing skills
– Print design skills (we also periodically create topical, large format posters)
Graphicacy is a creative analytic design firm with services including data visualization, interactive applications, information graphics, data analysis, graphic design, and motion graphics. Our team is a diverse group that works in a stimulating environment at the WeWork collective workspace in the Shaw neighborhood of Washington DC.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] graphicacy [dot] com. Please include a link to your portfolio or any relevant work samples. We are currently hiring winter or spring interns and will review applications on an ongoing basis.
Business Development Director
We are looking for a talented and experienced business development professional to join us. You will help promote the Graphicacy brand, develop and maintain client relationships, as well as collaborate with Graphicacy team members to identify potential business opportunities for services and products.
Graphicacy is a multimedia graphic design studio based in Washington, DC. We offer clear graphic solutions that help clients tell complex, data-rich stories in visual form. In addition to offering services that meet the needs of specific projects, we are also committed to developing scalable products. We are a small team that works fast — as such, we want to work with people who are forward thinking, self-motivated and excited about new opportunities.
– At least two years of relevant Sales or Business Development experience in an agency environment
– Ability to maintain and enrich relationships with existing clients
– Readiness and willingness to reach out to potential new clients
– Excellent communication skills
– Design or advertising agency experience
– Social media marketing experience
– Salesforce experience
– Consulting/strategy experience